Natural beauty is all about proportions. It’s about soft, smooth, firm, plump skin. These attributes aren’t a given. We sometimes have to work for them. If your lips, cheeks, jawline, and eyes are not portraying your true beauty, injectable treatment may help. We are proud to offer a wide variety of injectable wrinkle-reducers and facial contouring treatments in our St. Louis office.
Benefits of Cosmetic Injections
The development of cosmetic injectables years ago represented a major shift in aesthetic medicine. Injections are an excellent way to improve facial contours in a meaningful way. They are more advanced than contouring with makeup and less aggressive and invasive than surgical procedures like brow lift surgery and cheek or chin implants. As an in-between, injectables are both cost-effective and convenient. The FDA-approved products we use have demonstrated consistent safety and efficacy in reducing the signs of aging and also accentuating the curves of the face, all with little to no downtime.
Neuromodulators vs. Dermal Fillers
The two major categories of injectable are neuromodulators and dermal fillers. Both can minimize the appearance of lines and creases. However, they work differently to achieve this goal.
Neuromodulator products include Botox, Dysport, Xeomin, and Newtox!. These injectables smooth lines by relaxing targeted muscles. Neuromodulators prevent the release of the chemical that causes muscles to contract. In so doing, these products can also achieve results that include a mild brow lift.
Dermal fillers such as Juvéderm, Restylane, Radiesse, and others refresh the face by introducing volume in the form of hyaluronic acid or another enhancing particle. The addition of volume beneath the skin restores plumpness, reduces deep creases and can also raise depressed scars.
See more cases
What issues can injectable Dermal fillers treat?
Neuromodulators like Botox are used specifically to treat the issues related to dynamic muscle movement, usually in the upper part of the face.
Dermal fillers can correct several concerns, including:
- Nasolabial folds around the nose and mouth
- Marionette lines from the mouth to the chin
- Loss of midface volume
- Hollowness in the cheek area
- Undereye bags and dark circles
- Aging hands
- Thin or deflated lips
Treatment Areas for Cosmetic Injections
Cosmetic injections are typically performed on areas of the face including the:
Additionally, injections may address the signs of aging on the neck and hands.
which injectable is right for me?
Injectables differ slightly based on ingredients and the density of the product. The best way to get amazing results from cosmetic injectables is first to know what you wish to achieve. Secondly, it is necessary to obtain treatment from a board-certified professional with experience using the various fillers available today. During your consultation with us, we will listen to your desired outcome. We will also assess your skin for the extent of looseness and thickness. This information helps us determine which products are best suited to your unique needs.
What to Expect during Injectable Treatment
Getting cosmetic injectables is something that most people look forward to once they’ve seen the possible results. Treatment typically takes 30 minutes or less. To begin, we discuss concerns and desired outcome. After choosing one or more products, such as Botox and Juvéderm, we carefully administer injections into the targeted treatment areas. The small size of the needle feels like a tiny pinprick at first. Subsequent injections of dermal fillers may feel very subtle. This is because most fillers contain a mild anesthetic. Once injections are complete, there is usually no lingering discomfort. You can immediately resume normal activities.
Types of Dermal Fillers We offer
- Restylane – The Restylane family of products contains various densities of hyaluronic acid particles to restore an adequate foundation for the skin.
- Juvéderm – A well-established product line of multiple fillers, Juvéderm is also formulated with hyaluronic acid strung together to achieve precision consistency for a variety of effects.
- Radiesse – This trusted dermal filler restores integrity to the deep layers of the skin with Calcium Hydroxyapatite (CaHA), a calcium-based gel that provides long-term improvement.
- Sculptra – A unique injectable, Sculptra replenishes the skin’s collagen scaffold. The Poly-L-Actic Acid filler provides an immediate foundation for younger-looking skin. Over time, the product also stimulates collagen remodeling that reinstates firmness for an extended period.
- Belotero – Another hyaluronic acid filler, Belotero safely smooths fine lines around the nose and mouth. This product is also often used to accentuate contoured areas such as the cheeks.
Types of Neuromodulators We offer
- Botox – The original wrinkle-reducer, Botox has been used for well over a decade to reduce frown lines, crow’s feet, and other dynamic wrinkles. Its foundation of purified botulinum toxin A eases muscle movements that cause lines and creases on the upper face.
- Dysport – Also based on botulinum toxin A, Dysport blocks nerve impulses in targeted muscles to smooth forehead and frown lines.
- Xeomin – A final wrinkle-reducer based on a member of the botulinum toxin family, Xeomin is formulated with incobotulinum toxin only. Xeomin is referred to as the “naked” neuromodulator because it contains no other ingredients. Botox and Dysport both have complex proteins that surround their botulinum protein.
- Newtox/Jeuveau – This brand new neuromodulator is now offered at our medical spa for the treatment of crow’s feet, eleven lines, and other dynamic wrinkles.
How Soon Will I Notice Results?
Results from cosmetic injectables vary slightly based on the product used. Dermal filler treatment achieves immediate improvement due to the quick binding of hyaluronic acid to water molecules in the deeper layers of the dermis. Neuromodulators take effect more gradually. Generally, Botox achieves maximum effect within 5 to 7 days. Dysport may work slightly faster, in about 1 to 2 days. Xeomin takes about 4 days to demonstrate cosmetic results.
How long Will My Results last?
The duration of results from cosmetic injectables can vary from one person to another. On average, neuromodulators last between 3 and 6 months. Dermal fillers have a lifespan that typically relates to their consistency. Thinner, softer fillers that are ideal for lip enhancement may last up to 12 months. Denser, more structured fillers like Juvéderm Voluma break down more slowly, lasting up to 24 months.